Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Command Line Arguments - Hardware

I want to  execute a command line argument that lists ONLY hardware devices......specifically the monitor(s) connected.
E:\>siw64.exe /log:html=e:\%COMPUTERNAME%.html /h:XX
can't get the hardware argument to work, what am I missing? what number should I use to get devices - monitors only in the report?

There is no "monitors" module.
You can get video information (it containt monitors) by running:
siw64.exe /log:html=e:\%COMPUTERNAME%.html /s:0 /h:256 /n:0 /details

(01-12-2020 07:53 AM)gtopala Wrote:  There is no "monitors" module.

Thank you. YES, that works and gives me what I need. I changed html to csv and it works. Problem is that e: is my computer and the drive where SIW is being executed. I want to run this on some computers here in the office and the drive letter changes at each system. is there an argument I can enter to designate whatever the USB drive is?

(01-13-2020 12:42 PM)rhaine Wrote:  
(01-12-2020 07:53 AM)gtopala Wrote:  There is no "monitors" module.

Thank you. YES, that works and gives me what I need. I changed html to csv and it works. Problem is that e: is my computer and the drive where SIW is being executed. I want to run this on some computers here in the office and the drive letter changes at each system. is there an argument I can enter to designate whatever the USB drive is?

"siw64.exe /log:html=%COMPUTERNAME%.html /s:0 /h:256 /n:0 /details" will create the report in the current folder.