Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Conversion to SQL?

Dear Forum Members,

Before re-inventing a wheel, has anyone a script (e.g. T-SQL for Microsoft SQL or any other flavour of SQL script for another database, or VB Script or C# or anything else) to import SIW logs into an SQL database?

My pipe dream is to purchase an inventory'ing product - SIW is leading the field at the moment by a loooong way!! - and write the collected information into an SQL database for subsequent analysis.

The fields in your CSV file are nicely arrayed, leading to a vbscript or c# solution, however XML is also a possibility. I probably have need for a limited subset of the very generous information revealed.

But, why write my own if someone has a ready-made solution!?

Kind regards,
Denis

PS if there are no ready-made solutions I would be happy to contribute my humble effort(s) to the community.

(02-08-2012 04:01 AM)brownds Wrote:  Dear Forum Members,

Before re-inventing a wheel, has anyone a script (e.g. T-SQL for Microsoft SQL or any other flavour of SQL script for another database, or VB Script or C# or anything else) to import SIW logs into an SQL database?

My pipe dream is to purchase an inventory'ing product - SIW is leading the field at the moment by a loooong way!! - and write the collected information into an SQL database for subsequent analysis.

The fields in your CSV file are nicely arrayed, leading to a vbscript or c# solution, however XML is also a possibility. I probably have need for a limited subset of the very generous information revealed.

Kind regards,
Denis

PS if there are no ready-made solutions I would be happy to contribute my humble effort(s) to the community.

It looks like there is no solution.

(02-08-2012 04:01 AM)brownds Wrote:  Dear Forum Members,

Kind regards,
Denis

Did you ever get this going?? Would really like to implement this solution as well.....or if the XML schema was available, maybe we can assist the community as well.