Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Display Vdist C++ runtimes version installed

I was wondering if SIW can have added the ability to list the versions of the Vdist C++ runtimes installed

I know I can use “Programs and Features” to do this, but it would also be handy to have a list, within SIW" to compare what is currently installed with the latest versions available.

(08-15-2020 06:22 AM)promidi Wrote:  I was wondering if SIW can have added the ability to list the versions of the Vdist C++ runtimes installed

I know I can use “Programs and Features” to do this, but it would also be handy to have a list, within SIW" to compare what is currently installed with the latest versions available.

Like this list from Installed Programs item?

[Image: vcredist.png]

Yes, I could do this..... but this is pretty much the same info that I can get at Control Panel - “Programs and Features”

What would be handy is for SIW to have a specific Vdist section that displays, along with the above information, which ones are outdated.

It's the showing which ones need updating that I am really after.

I know I could simply go to the following link and just install the latest. However, even this link does not say what the latest build number of the given libraries are.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help...-downloads

Or I could just install my "go to" combined package that uninstalls outdated ones and install all the latest.

It would just be nice to use SIW to see which Vdist runtimes are outdated, so I can reinstall the libraries only if I need to.

(08-15-2020 05:57 PM)promidi Wrote:  Yes, I could do this.....  but this is pretty much the same info that I can get at Control Panel - “Programs and Features”

What would be handy is for SIW to have a specific Vdist section that displays, along with the above information, which ones are outdated. 

It's the showing which ones need updating that I am really after. 

I know I could simply go to the following link and just install the latest. However, even this link does not say what the latest build number of the given libraries are.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help...-downloads

Or I could just install my "go to" combined package that uninstalls outdated ones and install all the latest.

It would just be nice to use SIW to see which Vdist runtimes are outdated, so I can reinstall the libraries only if I need to.

I have no idea how to check if a Visual C++ Runtime (or any other software) is outdated or not.