Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extracting Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi there, I have technician's version of SIW.

I noticed when running, under my Logical Disk - C:\ (Local Disk), it shows "BitLocker Drive Encryption Supported - Yes.
It would be handy if there was an option to actually show the RecoveryPassword as well, that way if working on someone's computer, that info would be handy so if bitlocker is enabled and go to boot into safe mode and it prompts for the bitlockery recovery key, I'd have it available.

I mean, if you run Powershell as Admin and run the below, it will return the key, but would be handy to have in the software:
Code:
$BitlockerVolumers = Get-BitLockerVolume
$BitlockerVolumers |
ForEach-Object {
$MountPoint = $_.MountPoint
$RecoveryKey = [string]($_.KeyProtector).RecoveryPassword
if ($RecoveryKey.Length -gt 5) {
Write-Output ("The BitLocker recovery key for the drive $MountPoint is  $RecoveryKey.")
}
}

Or maybe it's there and I just don't see it for some reason.
Thanks.

(06-22-2021 11:35 AM)clievers Wrote:  Hi there, I have technician's version of SIW.

I noticed when running, under my Logical Disk - C:\ (Local Disk), it shows "BitLocker Drive Encryption Supported - Yes.
It would be handy if there was an option to actually show the RecoveryPassword as well, that way if working on someone's computer, that info would be handy so if bitlocker is enabled and go to boot into safe mode and it prompts for the bitlockery recovery key, I'd have it available.

I mean, if you run Powershell as Admin and run the below, it will return the key, but would be handy to have in the software:
Code:
$BitlockerVolumers |
ForEach-Object {
Write-Output ("The BitLocker recovery key for the drive $MountPoint is  $RecoveryKey.")
}
}

Thanks.

Please check the Passwords item.

(06-22-2021 12:00 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(06-22-2021 11:35 AM)clievers Wrote:  Hi there, I have technician's version of SIW.

Code:
$BitlockerVolumers |
ForEach-Object {
}
}

Thanks.

Please check the Passwords item.

Thanks, I definitely never thought to look for it there. I do see it when I run SIW on my computer. But passwords don't export to the .html file (file>create report file>html report), so a person would have to think to take a screenshot of it first I guess.