Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Passwords

I used SIW on my wife's computer and it came up with an older password that was incorrect. I was able to garner the password in Firefox by going to their settings and finding the correct one. Why doesn't SIW update passwords to what is currently used.  Thanks

(06-09-2022 03:33 AM)tazthedevilcat Wrote:  I used SIW on my wife's computer and it came up with an older password that was incorrect. I was able to garner the password in Firefox by going to their settings and finding the correct one. Why doesn't SIW update passwords to what is currently used.  Thanks

Would you please provide more details?
  • Operating System
  • Operating System Bitness (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Operating System Language
  • Firefox Version
  • Firefox Bitness (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Is the Firefox Primary Password enabled?
  • SIW version

(06-09-2022 07:52 AM)gtopala Wrote:  
(06-09-2022 03:33 AM)tazthedevilcat Wrote:  I used SIW on my wife's computer and it came up with an older password that was incorrect. I was able to garner the password in Firefox by going to their settings and finding the correct one. Why doesn't SIW update passwords to what is currently used.  Thanks

Would you please provide more details?
  • Operating System
  • Operating System Bitness (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Operating System Language
  • Firefox Version
  • Firefox Bitness (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Is the Firefox Primary Password enabled?
  • SIW version

Windows 10 Pro  - 64bit  -  English  -  101.0  -  64bit  -  no  -  v12.3.0521

(06-09-2022 01:26 PM)tazthedevilcat Wrote:  Windows 10 Pro  - 64bit  -  English  -  101.0  -  64bit  -  no  -  v12.3.0521

How many child folders do you have inside the c:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ folder?
Would you please run SIW DEBUG and select Software - Passwords?