Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Log not being created on Windows 10 from Command Line

I have created a batch file, that I keep on a USB stick.  if I run it on a Windows 10 machine, the log files are not being created, however they do appear to be getting created on a Windows 7 machine.

I have a subdirectory "logs" in the folder where the SIW.EXE file and the batch file are located

my batch file:
Code:
cls
@echo off
set /p name= Enter PCID Name:
echo Reading Data, Please wait...
siw.exe /log:csv=logs\%name%_siw.txt /ftp=ftp.mysite.com /ftpUser=ftpuser /ftpPass=ftpuser /silent /s:1073741825 /h:1185739
is anyone else experiencing this?

(10-18-2017 11:14 AM)mtsoule Wrote:  I have created a batch file, that I keep on a USB stick.  if I run it on a Windows 10 machine, the log files are not being created, however they do appear to be getting created on a Windows 7 machine.

I have a subdirectory "logs" in the folder where the SIW.EXE file and the batch file are located

my batch file:
Code:
cls
@echo off
siw.exe /log:csv=logs\%name%_siw.txt /ftp=ftp.mysite.com /ftpUser=ftpuser /ftpPass=ftpuser /silent /s:1073741825 /h:1185739

/silent option hides all errors. Please try once without /silent.

(10-18-2017 01:03 PM)Tried without silent switch, message said the log was successfuly created, and the file was there..   however, a few seconds later, the file dissappeared..   See screenshot Wrote:  [Image: siw_screenshot.jpg]
(10-18-2017 11:14 AM)mtsoule Wrote:  I have created a batch file, that I keep on a USB stick.  if I run it on a Windows 10 machine, the log files are not being created, however they do appear to be getting created on a Windows 7 machine.

my batch file:
Code:
cls
@echo off

(10-18-2017 01:23 PM)mtsoule Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 01:03 PM)Tried without silent switch, message said the log was successfuly created, and the file was there..   however, a few seconds later, the file dissappeared..   See screenshot Wrote:  [Image: siw_screenshot.jpg]

my batch file:
Code:
cls
@echo off

It is the default behavior when you use /ftp command line option (or /email or /httppost).
A temporary file is created, ftp-ed and removed after delivery.
If you want to keep the temporary file, please add /nodelete command line option (check https://www.gtopala.com/siw/command-line.php)