Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

M.2 slot interface reckognition

Does SIW can reckognize which type( interface) of M.2 slot it is on notebook?

Hi,  i am one of those guys who wants to move from boring unefficient description that majority of IT retailers have. We all know to check datas about memory , proccesors etc.
But let say u are buying new Dell Inspiron 7567. U can even check on numerous reviewers sites and u will discover only that one claim it is combo SATA/PCIe M.2 slot, while others claim it is only SATA.
Is it posible with this program to check under any section which one exactly is inside rig, without need to open it?

(05-03-2017 02:53 AM)Denis Simicic Wrote:  Does SIW can reckognize which type( interface) of M.2 slot it is on notebook?

Hi,  i am one of those guys who wants to move from boring unefficient description that majority of IT retailers have. We all know to check datas about memory , proccesors etc.
But let say u are buying new Dell Inspiron 7567. U can even check on numerous reviewers sites and u will discover only that one claim it is combo SATA/PCIe M.2 slot, while others claim it is only SATA.
Is it posible with this program to check under any section which one exactly is inside rig, without need to open it?

I'm guessing that Dell Inspiron 7567 supports HDD and SSD. The M.2 SSD can be SATA or PCIe.
The current version of SIW may show the existing SSD interface, but it doesn't show if the PC has a SATA/PCIe combo or only SATA.