Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mapped Network Drives
Bug 

I only have one grudge with the program overall. I use the program to grab PC information to setup new PC's. There is nowhere that shows the network drives including the path of them (\\Server\Share). If something could be added that would list the mapped network drive letter and path would be a great feature. The only thing you can currently do is check the mapped drives and all it says is remote. That isn't any help when trying to re-map network drives on new PC's when you don't know the letter, server, or share. Thanks!!

(05-20-2013 11:03 AM)Pizzle07 Wrote:  I only have one grudge with the program overall. I use the program to grab PC information to setup new PC's. There is nowhere that shows the network drives including the path of them (\\Server\Share). If something could be added that would list the mapped network drive letter and path would be a great feature. The only thing you can currently do is check the mapped drives and all it says is remote. That isn't any help when trying to re-map network drives on new PC's when you don't know the letter, server, or share. Thanks!!

Something like "Characteristics -->UNC Path"?
[Image: unc.png]

I never noticed the characteristics before so I'm sorry I should just look a little better next time. But, now all it is showing is local drives and none of the remote ones. How do I enable this Feature. Thanks!!

(05-21-2013 08:20 AM)Pizzle07 Wrote:  I never noticed the characteristics before so I'm sorry I should just look a little better next time. But, now all it is showing is local drives and none of the remote ones. How do I enable this Feature. Thanks!!

It looks like running the program you can drill down the Characteristics to find the info, but saving out to a report file (quick or full), this seems to be omitted - it does show you the name of the share but not the server (in brackets). The Characteristics is empty in the report html file. I looked for option, but don't see one.

(05-21-2013 10:41 PM)clievers Wrote:  
(05-21-2013 08:20 AM)Pizzle07 Wrote:  I never noticed the characteristics before so I'm sorry I should just look a little better next time. But, now all it is showing is local drives and none of the remote ones. How do I enable this Feature. Thanks!!

It looks like running the program you can drill down the Characteristics to find the info, but saving out to a report file (quick or full), this seems to be omitted - it does show you the name of the share but not the server (in brackets). The Characteristics is empty in the report html file. I looked for option, but don't see one.

Tools --> Options --> Detailed Reports