Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to upgrade

Trying to upgrade to latest version (2019 v9.0.0115), but get an error msg just after EULA that states "The drive or UNC you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another." But when I press "OK", the upgrade stops. I can't proceed. Please note that at this point I haven't selected any drives, merely agreed to the EULA.

(04-05-2019 05:06 PM)Wellfooled Wrote:  Trying to upgrade to latest version (2019 v9.0.0115), but get an error msg just after EULA that states "The drive or UNC you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another." But when I press "OK", the upgrade stops. I can't proceed. Please note that at this point I haven't selected any drives, merely agreed to the EULA.

Please tell me your order number.

TOP190329-9178-61117B

(04-09-2019 03:29 PM)Wellfooled Wrote:  TOP190329-9178-61117B

Please save SIW on your local C:\ drive and install it from there.
SIW Home doesn't support installation from a remote drive or from a UNC.

Moved "siwhome-setup.exe" from D: drive to C: drive. Attempted to install, received same error message.

For the record, previous install of SIW (v5.1.0312 Pro Edition) has been running successfully from my D: drive for several years. My D: drive isn't a remote drive, and I don't know what a UNC is.

(04-09-2019 06:53 PM)Wellfooled Wrote:  Moved "siwhome-setup.exe" from D: drive to C: drive. Attempted to install, received same error message.

For the record, previous install of SIW (v5.1.0312 Pro Edition) has been running successfully from my D: drive for several years. My D: drive isn't a remote drive, and I don't know what a UNC is.

Please uninstall SIW, add siwhome-setup.exe to your antivirus exclusion list, and reinstall SIW.

That worked, thank you very much.

Sorry to be such a bother.