Poll: Would you like to see Passwords section in XML Report and encrypt report file with user password? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
75.00%
75.00%
No.
25.00%
25.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Proposal: XML Report encrypted and with Passwords

Dear gtopala,

can you add Passwords section to XML report? It will be very usefull during IT inventory.
This option should be disabled by default. It would be wise to encrypt such XML file (using Twofish or AES) with password choosen by the user.

SIW Viewer should be able to decrypt such a XML file using given password.

One option is missing in SIW Viewer: export to HTML file.

I'm sure many people will be happy with this features.

(01-08-2015 06:13 PM)alaraf Wrote:  Dear gtopala,

can you add Passwords section to XML report? It will be very usefull during IT inventory.
This option should be disabled by default. It would be wise to encrypt such XML file (using Twofish or AES) with password choosen by the user.

(01-12-2015 05:28 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 06:13 PM)alaraf Wrote:  Dear gtopala,

I'm sorry, I didn't noticed that SIW Viewer is not your product.

Can you add an option to load XML report created from other PC and display all details? SIW is more user friendly then row HTML to review the report.

Regarding paswords, I assume that you are affraid that your software will be abused by crackes or script kiddies. However, I can enumerate several free applications which can reveal currently logged user paswords and save paswords to file , eg.: several standalone tools available from NirSoft, Cain, etc..

SIW is a work-horse for IT admins who want to use one simple tool for software and hardware audit in theirs companies. Such a feature (passwords saved in encrypted report file) would be very helpfull. Now, I have to use additional tools like mentioned above NirSoft to collect all information including WPA keys and passwords. You can limit security sensitive features of SIW to registered users only to be sure that your software will be used for rightful purpose (no one script kiddie will purchase the software to gain feature available in other applications for free, trust me).