Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emulation Mode message

I get the following message when I try to run SIW 2014 v4.9.0904b Technician's Version in Windows Server Technical Preview.

Warning!
SIW is running in Emulation Mode!
This program isn't designed to run in Emulated Mode.
[Windows Server 2012 R2 (Update)
Datacenter Edition:6.3.9600/4]
Windows Treshold:6.4.9841/4

The properties for the exe are normal (no emulation chosen). The emulation mode message happens running from a usb or the hard drive and for this reason, I didn't included a screenshot of properties for exe.
So is this caused by the fact that I running Windows Server Technical Preview or is that OS actually running in Emulation Mode? I tried to google what Emulation Mode meant relative to this but found nothing pertinent.

I am including a screenshot of SIW showing the Emulated Operating system.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-28-2014 02:19 PM)Loveson2 Wrote:  I get the following message when I try to run SIW 2014 v4.9.0904b Technician's Version in Windows Server Technical Preview.

Warning!
SIW is running in Emulation Mode!
This program isn't designed to run in Emulated Mode.
[Windows Server 2012 R2 (Update)
Datacenter Edition:6.3.9600/4]
Windows Treshold:6.4.9841/4

The properties for the exe are normal (no emulation chosen). The emulation mode message happens running from a usb or the hard drive and for this reason, I didn't included a screenshot of properties for exe.
So is this caused by the fact that I running Windows Server Technical Preview or is that OS actually running in Emulation Mode? I tried to google what Emulation Mode meant relative to this but found nothing pertinent.

I am including a screenshot of SIW showing the Emulated Operating system.

See SIW 2014 v4.10.1016 changelog

Thank you. That worked. I should have known to check for updates with Windows 10 just coming available.
Just a note of gratitude also for your efforts keeping SIW up to date!!!
I don't know how I worked on computers without it...

I am getting the same emulator error message, 'Emulated operating system, and then sdk driver error 0X4FB and others.
What was the solution please? My OS has been updated as of 26th October
Eddie B

(10-26-2021 07:20 AM)EddieDog Wrote:  I am getting the same emulator error message, 'Emulated operating system, and then sdk driver error 0X4FB and others.
What was the solution please? My OS has been updated as of 26th October
Eddie B

Would you please send me the generated c:\siw_debug.txt file?

Thank you for the swift reply, great customer support!  Smile I think I may have solved the problem. First I did a restore to a previous date which did not change anything, then, I deleted the current SIW I was using, and re-installed from my backup usb device. This seemed to  have fixed the problem. I will next ensure I have updated Win 10, or restore to the latest point I have and see what the result is, and update SIW. Will keep you posted as to any problems.
Thanks again.
Eddie B
PS, it is great to have such a useful program that is a once-off payment and NOT a recurring subscription.