Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Running From USB

I have a tech license. How do I run the SW from the USB? Do I have to install it every time I want to check a PC?

(01-14-2017 12:21 PM)Phil2969miller Wrote:  I have a tech license. How do I run the SW from the USB? Do I have to install it every time I want to check a PC?
Just copy siw.exe and generated siw.lic file to your USB.

lgtopala
[quote pid='5031' dateline='1484411663']
(01-14-2017 12:21 PM)Phil2969miller Wrote:  I have a tech license. How do I run the SW from the USB? Do I have to install it every time I want to check a PC?
[/quote]
That's what I expected. Two things threw me. I don't have a siw.exe.  I only have the spset130.exe file. Also, in verifying if I could run the sw from the USB legitimately, I read the license agreement and saw the paragraph

Technician's License

If you have purchased a Technician's License, you may temporarily run this Software on your customer's computers for inventory or diagnostic purposes, but you may not leave it on customer-owned hard drives.

This appears t conflict with the statements on the Home page. Anyway, at this point  I thought I would ask.

I did put spsetup130 on my USB along with the lic file and it does run on another computer where SIW is not installed. So, It looks like the issue is resolved..

(01-14-2017 03:59 PM)Phil2969miller Wrote:  lgtopala
[quote pid='5031' dateline='1484411663']
That's what I expected. Two things threw me. I don't have a siw.exe.  I only have the spset130.exe file. Also, in verifying if I could run the sw from the USB legitimately, I read the license agreement and saw the paragraph

Technician's License

If you have purchased a Technician's License, you may temporarily run this Software on your customer's computers for inventory or diagnostic purposes, but you may not leave it on customer-owned hard drives.

This appears t conflict with the statements on the Home page. Anyway, at this point  I thought I would ask.

I did put spsetup130 on my USB along with the lic file and it does run on another computer where SIW is not installed. So, It looks like the issue is resolved..
[/quote]
It looks like you didn't purchase SIW Technician's Version.
Speccy (spsetup130) is not SIW.

Yep I did. Check out attachment. I have no idea how the name got changed.