Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Sensors" gone - can't read temperatures.

The "Sensors" option isn't in the tree anymore, it's gone... where do I read temperatures?

(08-09-2021 08:43 AM)Sunscreened Wrote:  The "Sensors" option isn't in the tree anymore, it's gone... where do I read temperatures?

Can you post a screenshot?
The option is there (unless you run on ARM64 or you disable the CPUID SDK using the "/nosdk" command-line argument).

(08-09-2021 08:54 AM)gtopala Wrote:  
(08-09-2021 08:43 AM)Sunscreened Wrote:  The "Sensors" option isn't in the tree anymore, it's gone... where do I read temperatures?

The option is there (unless you run on ARM64 or you disable the CPUID SDK using the "/nosdk" command-line argument).

It's really not there... this is a new installation, on all new hardware, and I am unfamiliar with ARM64 or SDK things... (I literally have NFI what that is, so I wouldn't have done what you suggest). Oddly enough, the SIW software does seem to think that it's running on a virtual box (but it's not). If I click system summary it says Warning - VirtualBox is running. Some results might not reflect real hardware! CPU SDK Disabled. Virtual box.

I'm definitely not running a virtual box (I do know what that is, I don't think I could have installed one accidentally).

How do I post a screenshot? When I go to insert image it asks for a URL, and of course my screenshot isn't on the internet.

(08-09-2021 09:15 AM)Sunscreened Wrote:  

It's really not there... this is a new installation, on all new hardware, and I am unfamiliar with ARM64 or SDK things... (I literally have NFI what that is, so I wouldn't have done what you suggest). Oddly enough, the SIW software does seem to think that it's running on a virtual box (but it's not). If I click system summary it says Warning - VirtualBox is running. Some results might not reflect real hardware! CPU SDK Disabled. Virtual box.

I'm definitely not running a virtual box (I do know what that is, I don't think I could have installed one accidentally).

How do I post a screenshot? When I go to insert image it asks for a URL, and of course my screenshot isn't on the internet.

Please run SIW DEBUG and select the "Virtual Machine" item. SIW DEBUG automatically creates a few C:\siw_debug*.* files. Please send me the generated C:\siw_debug*.txt files.

(08-09-2021 09:31 AM)gtopala Wrote:  
(08-09-2021 09:15 AM)Sunscreened Wrote:  

Please run SIW DEBUG and select the "Virtual Machine" item. SIW DEBUG automatically creates a few C:\siw_debug*.* files. Please send me the generated C:\siw_debug*.txt files.

It looks like a bug in the VirtualBox detection code. I will fix it ASAP.