Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Software Hive

Is it possible to or are there any plans to enable SIW to load a previously saved registry hive outside of the live environment?

(05-15-2014 12:02 PM)sadjack Wrote:  Is it possible to or are there any plans to enable SIW to load a previously saved registry hive outside of the live environment?

What is SIW supposed to do with a registry hive?

(05-15-2014 01:47 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(05-15-2014 12:02 PM)sadjack Wrote:  Is it possible to or are there any plans to enable SIW to load a previously saved registry hive outside of the live environment?

I'm confused. Isn't that where you get a lot of your information, the registry?

I often get dead machines that cannot be started but can be accessed by a live linux disk. I just wondered if the registry for SOFTWARE etc could be copied out could SIW read it. I know a linux app called FRED can do that but it is not as fully featured as SIW.

It was just a thought. If its not possible its not the end of the world Smile

(05-18-2014 11:17 AM)sadjack Wrote:  
(05-15-2014 01:47 PM)gtopala Wrote:  

I'm confused. Isn't that where you get a lot of your information, the registry?

I often get dead machines that cannot be started but can be accessed by a live linux disk. I just wondered if the registry for SOFTWARE etc could be copied out could SIW read it. I know a linux app called FRED can do that but it is not as fully featured as SIW.

It was just a thought. If its not possible its not the end of the world Smile

No, SIW doesn't get a lot of info from registry.

OK. I take it thats a no then Smile