Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SIW Technician's Version through PortableApps.com

I understand and currently use the SIW Technician’s Version as a portable application. But, can the Technician’s Version be converted to a .paf file so it will run in PortableApps.com's GUI?

I used the free home/trial version in PortableApps.com's GUI and loved it.

Paid the price for the SIW Technician’s Version and it will not work within the PortableApps.com's GUI. It must be run on it's own.

Any help would be appreciated...

(05-15-2014 01:32 PM)jdrope Wrote:  I understand and currently use the SIW Technician’s Version as a portable application. But, can the Technician’s Version be converted to a .paf file so it will run in PortableApps.com's GUI?

Paid the price for the SIW Technician’s Version and it will not work within the PortableApps.com's GUI. It must be run on it's own.

I can easily make a PortableApps version of SIW Technician's Version, but it will not be legal to sell it.
Please check https://portableapps.com/about/what_is_a_portable_app.
Quote:Licensing - Many apps require EULAs to be shown during installation. The PA.c Installer handles this automatically. This is especially true of some freeware and upcoming commercial releases. Some applications simply can't be legally redistributed in ZIP files.

Ok, I understand that you may not distribute it as a pay application.

Is there a way I can manipulate it to work myself?

(05-15-2014 02:00 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(05-15-2014 01:32 PM)jdrope Wrote:  I understand and currently use the SIW Technician’s Version as a portable application. But, can the Technician’s Version be converted to a .paf file so it will run in PortableApps.com's GUI?

I can easily make a PortableApps version of SIW Technician's Version, but it will not be legal to sell it.
Please check https://portableapps.com/about/what_is_a_portable_app.
Quote:Licensing - Many apps require EULAs to be shown during installation. The PA.c Installer handles this automatically. This is especially true of some freeware and upcoming commercial releases. Some applications simply can't be legally redistributed in ZIP files.