Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Upgrade advice please

This is such a good piece of software that I was about to upgrade, initially to the 'Pro' version. However I was not clear about the way it works. The cost implies a yearly fee, but what does this mean?

1. If I buy the 'Pro' version am I commiting myself to automatic yearly charges to my card/paypal account?
Or. is it a case of - If I don't want to receive updates, I just continue with the Pro version that I have?
I'm not clear if I have to pay each year to use it, or whether I can continue using it but without updates after the first year.

2. Are my card details kept by SIW? (I'm not a fan of this.)

I'm sorry if I'm replicating questions already asked, but I couldn't see anything about this in the forum.

(01-09-2013 02:44 PM)darkoracle Wrote:  This is such a good piece of software that I was about to upgrade, initially to the 'Pro' version. However I was not clear about the way it works. The cost implies a yearly fee, but what does this mean?

1. If I buy the 'Pro' version am I commiting myself to automatic yearly charges to my card/paypal account?
Or. is it a case of - If I don't want to receive updates, I just continue with the Pro version that I have?
I'm not clear if I have to pay each year to use it, or whether I can continue using it but without updates after the first year.

I'm sorry if I'm replicating questions already asked, but I couldn't see anything about this in the forum.

1. If you don't want to receive updates after 1 year, you can cancel your subscription; you will be able to use SIW, but you won't get updates.
2. I don't sell SIW directly, I'm selling it through FastSpring. Please read FastSpring's Privacy Policy.

(01-09-2013 07:01 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 02:44 PM)darkoracle Wrote:  This is such a good piece of software that I was about to upgrade, initially to the 'Pro' version. However I was not clear about the way it works. The cost implies a yearly fee, but what does this mean?

1. If you don't want to receive updates after 1 year, you can cancel your subscription; you will be able to use SIW, but you won't get updates.
2. I don't sell SIW directly, I'm selling it through FastSpring. Please read FastSpring's Privacy Policy.

Thanks for your prompt response.
I have read the privacy policy of FastSpring, but it tells me nothing about whether my card details are retained by them or not.
Your term 'cancel my subscription' implies an ongoing/automatic charge unless I give notice, which also has the implication that my card and other personal details will be stored by someone.
It looks as if I will have to stick with the free version - which is a shame.