Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Upload zipped report FTP

Hello there,

I have SIW installed on several computers and want it to send me a monthly XML report via FTP.

I scheduled a task with this command line:

"C:\siw tool\siw.exe" /log:xml="C:\siw tool\%COMPUTERNAME%_%DATE%_%TIME:~0,2%%TIME:~3,2%%TIME:~6,2%" /ftp=ftp.server.com /ftpUser=user /ftpPass=pass /silent /zip

It does create the report locally (zipped) and on the FTP there appears the zipped file with size of 0 byte.

Can someone see any mistakes in the above command line? Or is it an FTP issue

(01-31-2012 12:54 PM)ElePhant Wrote:  Hello there,

I have SIW installed on several computers and want it to send me a monthly XML report via FTP.

I scheduled a task with this command line:

"C:\siw tool\siw.exe" /log:xml="C:\siw tool\%COMPUTERNAME%_%DATE%_%TIME:~0,2%%TIME:~3,2%%TIME:~6,2%" /ftp=ftp.server.com /ftpUser=user /ftpPass=pass /silent /zip

It does create the report locally (zipped) and on the FTP there appears the zipped file with size of 0 byte.

Can someone see any mistakes in the above command line? Or is it an FTP issue

Because the command line contains "/silent" and "/ftp" options, the error message is not shown.
C:\siw tool\%COMPUTERNAME%_%DATE%_%TIME:~0,2%%TIME:~3,2%%TIME:~6,2%.xml. Error 22 (0x16) - The device does not recognize the command.
The Windows Task Scheduler doesn't expand environment variables.
Workaround: use cmd with arguments

Thank you. If i really need the /ftp option, is there a way to show error messages? Some kind of log maybe? The FTP Server tells me that the connection failed (speed 0.0kB/s) but nothing more. I can manually send files to the FTP Server but not with the /ftp option from SIW.

(01-31-2012 04:21 PM)ElePhant Wrote:  Thank you. If i really need the /ftp option, is there a way to show error messages? Some kind of log maybe? The FTP Server tells me that the connection failed (speed 0.0kB/s) but nothing more. I can manually send files to the FTP Server but not with the /ftp option from SIW.

Add the /nodelete option and check if the report is created.

Hello again,

The report is being created locally, i can see the *xml.zip file (85kb size) but for some reason it does not upload it to the ftp. There does appear a new file on the ftp with the correct name - but the size on the ftp server is 0 byte.

I also triet out the html report and without the /silent and /zip option:
Report is always being created locally (and is not empty), a new file does appear on the FTP server with the exact same name but with size 0 byte.

I noticed that there is an errormessage flashing up for 1 second or so right after the report has been created.I managed to take a picture and read the message:

Error FTIP-ing the report
FtpPutFile. Error 12002 (0x2ee2) - [unknown][Unknown error 0x2EE2]

Can you help me with that please?

(02-01-2012 10:37 AM)ElePhant Wrote:  I noticed that there is an errormessage flashing up for 1 second or so right after the report has been created.I managed to take a picture and read the message:

Error FTIP-ing the report
FtpPutFile. Error 12002 (0x2ee2) - [unknown][Unknown error 0x2EE2]

Can you help me with that please?

12002 is the error code for time-out.
Google search for "FTP 12002" returns few usefull pages:
https://www.experts123.com/q/i-am-gettin...ix-it.html
Can you manually FTP the zip archive?

I can manually upload the zip archive.
Manually does mean I type in ftp://server.adress.com im my IE. Then press ALT and go to "View => Show FTP in explorer", type in user and pass. Then i copy and paste the file.

The time-out is at 5 minutes but the connection does abort within the first 2 minutes.

I have spoken to my FTP provider. They recommend using the "passive ftp mode" for this. They told me that this should be configured in the programm which does try to send a file.

What does that mean? I have not found this in the command line options or in the menu

(02-02-2012 12:28 PM)ElePhant Wrote:  I have spoken to my FTP provider. They recommend using the "passive ftp mode" for this. They told me that this should be configured in the programm which does try to send a file.

What does that mean? I have not found this in the command line options or in the menu

The current version of SIW (2012.01.06) doesn't support Passive FTP.