Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Disk info / profile

I like a lot of your users are IT technicians and need to use on a PC that may not be known to them we need to access the components and software as deciding where to improve or migrate to other hardware. 
My  asks are 

1. Profile-  Apart from data the user profile /shares/email and printer s used need to be exported ( Ideally in an encrypted state as passwords Included)  for the archive. 

2  A list of most used software/devices - I have been caught bringing nice new kit in to find some legacy software is used along with serial port once a month that I had not considered.

3 Storage my go to the snapshot is CrystalDiskinfo Trafic light system ( Good / Caution/ Bad )  and Power on Count and Houres on an immediate flag as to what to replace/keep - cat these be included

(12-07-2018 12:25 PM)rITchies Wrote:  I like a lot of your users are IT technicians and need to use on a PC that may not be known to them we need to access the components and software as deciding where to improve or migrate to other hardware. 
My  asks are 

1. Profile-  Apart from data the user profile /shares/email and printer s used need to be exported ( Ideally in an encrypted state as passwords Included)  for the archive. 

2  A list of most used software/devices - I have been caught bringing nice new kit in to find some legacy software is used along with serial port once a month that I had not considered.

3 Storage my go to the snapshot is CrystalDiskinfo Trafic light system ( Good / Caution/ Bad )  and Power on Count and Houres on an immediate flag as to what to replace/keep - cat these be included

1. SIW shows Shares and Printers. No Passwords; see note #1 from https://www.gtopala.com/siw/software.php#passwords
2. Windows doesn't keep track of "most used software/devices"; there is a list of most recently used applications, but it can be easily disabled
3. "Hardware -> Storage Devices -> SMART Support" shows RAW Data for few attributes.