Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New feature? User Defined summary report?

AFAIK there is no such thing as a user defined 'Summery' report. I know there is a Hardware > System Summary.

My suggestion: allow users to r-click specific specific components  and  'Add to User Summary Report'.
SIW shows a lot of details per component, rightfully so, but sometimes, just for a summary, that is not necessary.

Thanks.

(03-26-2021 03:05 AM)siwul69 Wrote:  AFAIK there is no such thing as a user defined 'Summery' report. I know there is a Hardware > System Summary.

My suggestion: allow users to r-click specific specific components  and  'Add to User Summary Report'.
SIW shows a lot of details per component, rightfully so, but sometimes, just for a summary, that is not necessary.

Thanks.

What is necessary for each component?
You ask five people, and you get five different answers.

SIW Customized Version supports customized reports.

For that reason I suggested to have a kind of r-click add to report option. This way it can be customized to the needs of each individual. Currently r-click copy a line, copies -all- relevant data, not just the single line.

e.g. one might wish to know 
the trademark/type of a motherboard, not the BIOS etc.
the trademark/type of graphic card, but not all the details
same for the Operating System, which one and build

i.e. basic stuff really.

yet for a simple report like that one has to look for some other tool and nonetheless still have edit the results as often way too much is reported.

anyway, it is/was just a suggestion only and by no means any disrespect towards SIW, don't get me wrong.