Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Version Req'd & General "how to"

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase SIW and use it to gather detailed info on (approx) 100+ pc's, laptops, etc. - over 4 (soon to be more) geographic locations. Servers are at 1 site - all others connected via Sonic VPN's.

I would probabaly expect to "run" this a few times a year as items become updated, and, of course, run it from a single (server) location.

We have a mix of servers from SBS2003 through Sever 2008 R2, w/stations are XP and [mostly] Win 7, with a few Vistas (Ultimate, Business) just to make things more interesting.

What's the best version to go with, AND, what's the best way to "deploy" ??

Any/All guidance will be appreciated - Thanks!

(06-24-2013 11:03 AM)gripp3r Wrote:  Hello,

I'm looking to purchase SIW and use it to gather detailed info on (approx) 100+ pc's, laptops, etc. - over 4 (soon to be more) geographic locations. Servers are at 1 site - all others connected via Sonic VPN's.

I would probabaly expect to "run" this a few times a year as items become updated, and, of course, run it from a single (server) location.

We have a mix of servers from SBS2003 through Sever 2008 R2, w/stations are XP and [mostly] Win 7, with a few Vistas (Ultimate, Business) just to make things more interesting.

What's the best version to go with, AND, what's the best way to "deploy" ??

Any/All guidance will be appreciated - Thanks!

IMHO, remotely running SIW Technician's Version using Sysinternals' psexec.