Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SIW Pro Installation issue.v4.10.1016b

SIW Pro Installation issue.v4.10.1016b

The attached video shows the behaviour of this build in my instance.
This is the same behaviour that was experienced on the earlier build v4.10.1016.

This was never an issue to me on earlier builds of PRO.
I also have a 2012 technicians version that runs fine without the problems on same machine.

After a clean install (not an update to existing install).
Video shows the following...

1) Launches the app OK from desktop shortcut.
2) the Microsoft Security Essentials popup indicating an intrusion.
3) The automatic closure of the SIW app after about 10 seconds without user closing.
Nothing much can be done with the app therefore.

This is running on Win7 Ultimate as was earlier unaffected builds.
(Capture1.jpg)

Capture2.jpg shows the security detection id. This is trapped EVERYTIME SIW is launched.
No other app triggers this only SIW Pro of above builds.

Can you advise further whats the possible cause of this issue?

(I have a screen video of this behaviour but it goes to 6 megs and will not upload.
If you want to see it let me know how to deliver.)

Thanks
A

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just downloaded the Technicians version (Beta) and it also behaves correctly.

A

Idea OK, speculative update...
by adding the SIW.EXE to the Microsoft Security Essentials exception list eliminates the app from false detection.
The app is then, of course, not detected therefore and stays open.
After this rename the SIW.exe to something else and the problem returns.
Both siw-x64.exe and siw-Technicians.exe remains unaffected at this time (until MS adds to their db). So the detection trigger is not based soley on naming.

Closing of the app automatically therefore is a MSE action and not releated directly to SIW.exe.

Does not explain why siw.exe is detected as a severe PWS:Win32/Cimuz.gen! intrusion unless the password feature of SIW is the culprit?

Item seems resolved so far. Undecided

Did you ever resolve this as I'm getting the same behaviour? How do you add it to the MSE exceptions list? I tried adding ...\siw.exe to the Excluded Processes list under Settings but that didn't work. BTW, I'm running Win7 Pro 64 bit.

(11-09-2015 05:26 PM)BDJohnson Wrote:  Did you ever resolve this as I'm getting the same behaviour?  How do you add it to the MSE exceptions list? I tried adding ...\siw.exe to the Excluded Processes list under Settings but that didn't work.  BTW, I'm running Win7 Pro 64 bit.
Please add siw.exe (or the SIW Pro folder) to "Excluded files and locations" list.