Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

passwords not showing in purchased SIW Technicians version

Hi, I have purchased the Technicians version and am running the latest edition, but it is not showing any passwords ie OS logon, User logon, network p/w, Live mail p/w etc.

Do I need to alter some of the settings?

Thanks

John

(01-30-2012 01:47 PM)JayDee Wrote:  Hi, I have purchased the Technicians version and am running the latest edition, but it is not showing any passwords ie OS logon, User logon, network p/w, Live mail p/w etc.

Do I need to alter some of the settings?

Thanks

John

The Passwords page shows passwords decoded by SIW.
Which passwords are not shown?

Hi,

"which passwords are not shown" - sorry, I thought I made it clear which passwords I was referring to in my message. I have tested the software on my own computer to see if the software provides the basic passwords. The only password it attempted to identify was my wireless/SSID network password...but it got this wrong. The system also has a Operating System password, and each User Account has a password, I also have a Microsoft Live Messenger. There are many more passwords on the system, but I had expected these basic passwords to be shown.

Thanks

John

(01-30-2012 07:40 PM)JayDee Wrote:  Hi,

"which passwords are not shown" - sorry, I thought I made it clear which passwords I was referring to in my message. I have tested the software on my own computer to see if the software provides the basic passwords. The only password it attempted to identify was my wireless/SSID network password...but it got this wrong. The system also has a Operating System password, and each User Account has a password, I also have a Microsoft Live Messenger. There are many more passwords on the system, but I had expected these basic passwords to be shown.

Thanks

John
Sorry, I mean "which passwords from that list are not shown".
  • I don't know what a "Operating System password" is.
  • The Password page says "Windows Logon Password for Win9x, NT, 2000", I guess that you have Windows XP.
  • Do you have "Windows Live Mail" or "Windows Live Messenger"?
  • Do you have "Remember my ID and Password" selected (Windows Live Messenger)?

Please tell me your order number and I will refund it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

All passwords mentioned did not show. I have several computers, and I run four OS's (XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Mac). The software is not showing the password required pre-bootup into the user account login screen (Windows login password). It also doesn't show the user accounts login passwords. Regarding the Windows Live Mail/Messenger, I didn't realise that the 'Remember my ID and password' needed to be selected. There's lots of free software available that show passwords hidden by asterisks, I wrongly assumed this software grabbed passwords stored on the hard drive. It also does not show the correct network pass key - it shows the computer name and network name, but nothing else, apart from the incorrect network keys.
If I'm repairing a computer and the password is not known I can usually locate it on the drive, and if I can't I clear the password, this can take anything from a few minutes to more than half an hour depending on the computer/system etc...I was hoping this tool would simplify and speed up the process. On your page that shows passwords revealed it shows several passwords shown (but blacked out)...are there any settings I need to configure to allow the software to do this.

Thanks again

John

Having the same issue. Have had it before with SIW. Can't remember if I ever found a solution--maybe uninstall and re-install.

The first time I run it, it show ALL my passwords, including about a thousand from Firefox. Every time I run it after that it shows me about 5 passwords from "Deleted" Outlook Express Accounts and my wireless SIDD/Key.

That's it!

Actually I DID come up with a kind of Solution here:
It was more than just re-installing SIW. Even using an app like YourUninstall, which scans the registry form left over orpans didn't work. If I just re-installed SIW it still wouldn't show passwords properly.

I had to use Acronis TrueImage to restore a per-SIW registry.
THEN I re-installed SIW and on the first instance I looked at Passwords they were ALL there. I remembered thinking, "I better save these" Which I did.

I still have those saved passwords from 2 years ago. SIW has never shown all of them again.

I used to have the same issue and just re-install it. I tried to fix it before re-installing, no dice

I used to have the same issue too.