Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

siw2odbc questions

The mere fact this tool exists is great... but I have a couple questions/wish list since I can't seem to find an answer...

1. Is there any way to import multiple xml files at once - for example: siw2odbc *.xml
2. The tool seems to UPDATE records for existing computer names - is there any way to NOT update but add multiple?  This is potentially problematic as I could have two computers with the same name at two sites and now it overwrites one with another.  Similarly, I might like to see a history of changes and be able to search through the database, comparing a computer's config from one date to another.  Perhaps a command line switch that says what to do - update or add?
3. is there any public documentation available for this (or am I blind?  I could be... it's happened before).

(11-11-2017 03:18 AM)Multiverse Wrote:  1. Is there any way to import multiple xml files at once - for example: siw2odbc *.xml
Nope.
(11-11-2017 03:18 AM)Multiverse Wrote:  2. The tool seems to UPDATE records for existing computer names - is there any way to NOT update but add multiple?  This is potentially problematic as I could have two computers with the same name at two sites, and now it overwrites one with another.  Similarly, I might like to see a history of changes and be able to search through the database, comparing a computer's config from one date to another.  Perhaps a command line switch that says what to do - update or add?
I will take your suggestion into consideration.
(11-11-2017 03:18 AM)Multiverse Wrote:  3. is there any public documentation available for this (or am I blind?  I could be... it's happened before).
Only to create and set up an ODBC connection: https://www.gtopala.com/thank-you/siw2odbc.php