Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

temperature max

Does SIW indicate what is the Maximum temperature that a CPU wants to work at.  I am not talking about the "max" value on the Hardware -> Sensors page.  What I want to know is for a xxx model CPU what is the maximum allowed temperature for the CPU to reach before it automatically shuts down.  For instance currently my CPU has a value of 35 a min of 33 and a max of 51.  How close is the 51 to Intel's max operating temperature?  For temperatures another column could be added called "Max Recommended Operating Temperature" which would list the manufacturer's recommended max operating temperature.

It would also be nice to do the same thing for the voltages.  What is the range of voltage levels that the motherboard / CPU manufacture recommends for each voltage?

If this does not make sense feel free to contact me.

(01-22-2020 03:38 PM)JesseInSTL Wrote:  Does SIW indicate what is the Maximum temperature that a CPU wants to work at.  I am not talking about the "max" value on the Hardware -> Sensors page.  What I want to know is for a xxx model CPU what is the maximum allowed temperature for the CPU to reach before it automatically shuts down.  For instance currently my CPU has a value of 35 a min of 33 and a max of 51.  How close is the 51 to Intel's max operating temperature?  For temperatures another column could be added called "Max Recommended Operating Temperature" which would list the manufacturer's recommended max operating temperature.

It would also be nice to do the same thing for the voltages.  What is the range of voltage levels that the motherboard / CPU manufacture recommends for each voltage?

If this does not make sense feel free to contact me.

I'll look into it.