Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SIW 2015 Hangs While Creating Report

Tried to run SIW 2015 twice, to run a full xml report. It hung each time after completing a percentage of the report (I don't recall the % of the first attempt), which in the second run was 81%; it reported processing 53 of 63. The error message, which stayed popped up for less than 15 seconds, indicated that a particular module timed-out at having hit the limit of 360 seconds. Since the error message again flashed on the screen, it said something about populated the motherboard CPU...

So the program took a dive, twice. The program hung and the progress box did not show any additional processing. There appears to be no end process button, so I attempted to terminate the program by hitting exit from the program's file menu. A message popped up telling me that the report was cancelled, but was partially created and that it was located in the file that I had originally OK'd. However, the program itself refused to terminate. I went to the bottom of my screen and right clicked in SIW 2015 and hit the end option. The program still refused to terminate and the Progress box remained on the screen that I had switched to. The only way that I was able to terminate the program was to hit the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combo, choose Start Task Master, go to Applications, highlight SIW 2015 and hit End Task. That worked.

So it seems that you've got several issues to work on: 1) elongating the time available to enable the writing of a module's date to the report file; 2) building in a way to terminate the report writing--whether, or not, the program encounters an internal error; 3) provide an option for the user to either add more time, so the module can be written to the report, or give the user the option to skip that particular module; and 4) have a way for the program to terminate gracefully.

FYI: My setup is: HP Pavilion with 2.40GHz Intel Core2 Quad, with 3GB of memory, 640GB of hard disk space (with more than 300GB free), running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

I hope this report was helpful.

(01-08-2015 01:14 PM)Bite2 Wrote:  Tried to run SIW 2015 twice, to run a full xml report. It hung each time after completing a percentage of the report (I don't recall the % of the first attempt), which in the second run was 81%; it reported processing 53 of 63. The error message, which stayed popped up for less than 15 seconds, indicated that a particular module timed-out at having hit the limit of 360 seconds. Since the error message again flashed on the screen, it said something about populated the motherboard CPU...

So the program took a dive, twice. The program hung and the progress box did not show any additional processing. There appears to be no end process button, so I attempted to terminate the program by hitting exit from the program's file menu. A message popped up telling me that the report was cancelled, but was partially created and that it was located in the file that I had originally OK'd. However, the program itself refused to terminate. I went to the bottom of my screen and right clicked in SIW 2015 and hit the end option. The program still refused to terminate and the Progress box remained on the screen that I had switched to. The only way that I was able to terminate the program was to hit the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combo, choose Start Task Master, go to Applications, highlight SIW 2015 and hit End Task. That worked.

So it seems that you've got several issues to work on: 1) elongating the time available to enable the writing of a module's date to the report file; 2) building in a way to terminate the report writing--whether, or not, the program encounters an internal error; 3) provide an option for the user to either add more time, so the module can be written to the report, or give the user the option to skip that particular module; and 4) have a way for the program to terminate gracefully.

FYI: My setup is: HP Pavilion with 2.40GHz Intel Core2 Quad, with 3GB of memory, 640GB of hard disk space (with more than 300GB free), running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

I hope this report was helpful.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Gabriel Topala