Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Symantec Removed SIW

I got the notice that a new version of SIW is available.  Today I tried unsuccessful to install it.  I started the  process from within my current 2014 version and was told that the update was valid and needed.  I downloaded the file and when I ran it, I got two errors.  The first error was from Windows saying that it could not access the specified device path or file and that I did not have permission to do so.  I attempted to run the file normally and as an Administrator.  I am the administrator for my computer.

Secondly, my Symantec SEP SBE flagged the file as harmful and  deleted it. 

I would appreciate any help.

(09-04-2015 06:38 PM)Joliet_tech Wrote:  I got the notice that a new version of SIW is available. Today I tried unsuccessful to install it. I started the  process from within my current 2014 version and was told that the update was valid and needed.  I downloaded the file and when I ran it, I got two errors. The first error was from Windows saying that it could not access the specified device path or file and that I did not have permission to do so. I attempted to run the file normally and as an Administrator. I am the administrator for my computer.

Secondly, my Symantec SEP SBE flagged the file as harmful and deleted it. 

I would appreciate any help.

Please add SIW to your antivirus exclusion list: https://www.gtopala.com/forum/Thread-Why...s-SIW-as-Y