Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why does your website install Fireshot and SSS.dll?

I was about to buy your software when I noticed in my security suite that your website automatically installed the Fireshot Chrome plugin and the SSS.dll without a prompt for permission or any explanation that an silent extension installation would occur if one proceeded.

As a security consultant, I am instantly suspicious of webmasters who take liberties with a potential customer's internet browser configuration without asking & explaining first.

Given the power of SIW to gather in-depth information on customer's computers, how can you expect knowledgeable users to trust your software when your first action is to sneak some browser plugins onto their computers without any regard for their acceptance?

Why are these plugins automatically installed when a website visitor is simply preparing to buy your software? What is their purpose? Are they essential to the purchasing process, and if so, why use an invasive process for a sale when other software vendors do not? If they are not essential, then why take liberties unnecessarily?

(06-26-2017 10:20 PM)lancop Wrote:  I was about to buy your software when I noticed in my security suite that your website automatically installed the Fireshot Chrome plugin and the SSS.dll without a prompt for permission or any explanation that an silent extension installation would occur if one proceeded.

As a security consultant, I am instantly suspicious of webmasters who take liberties with a potential customer's internet browser configuration without asking & explaining first.

Given the power of SIW to gather in-depth information on customer's computers, how can you expect knowledgeable users to trust your software when your first action is to sneak some browser plugins onto their computers without any regard for their acceptance?

Why are these plugins automatically installed when a website visitor is simply preparing to buy your software? What is their purpose? Are they essential to the purchasing process, and if so, why use an invasive process for a sale when other software vendors do not? If they are not essential, then why take liberties unnecessarily?

Sorry, I have no idea about Fireshot or SSS.dll (or how to automatically/silently install Chrome plugins).
Can you send me a screenshot from your security suite showing that my website "automatically installed the Fireshot Chrome plugin and the SSS.dll" ?

(06-26-2017 11:16 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 10:20 PM)lancop Attached is analysis of the drive by download from your website. Wrote:  I was about to buy your software when I noticed in my security suite that your website automatically installed the Fireshot Chrome plugin and the SSS.dll without a prompt for permission or any explanation that an silent extension installation would occur if one proceeded.

Sorry, I have no idea about Fireshot or SSS.dll (or how to automatically/silently install Chrome plugins).
Can you send me a screenshot from your security suite showing that my website "automatically installed the Fireshot Chrome plugin and the SSS.dll" ?

Attached Files
.pdf GTOPALA Security Event.pdf Size: 209.35 KB  Downloads: 4