Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for possible Program Enhancements

Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions for possible improvements to the program.

a)  It would be nice if there was a Search function available which would let you run a search through all of the program's various information records to show you any record which had a field which matched your search string (if there are any matching records).  For example, maybe I would like to see all of the SIW records which had a field which contained the string "AHCI" or "PCI" or "memory", etc.  The search would operate on both the SIW program display field names (eg. PageFile Name), and the user's system values that SIW finds in their computer.  The search results would be grouped by category (eg. Software - Operating System or Software - Licenses , etc.), and they would be listed in the same order as the program itself uses, to make it easy to know where they came from.  Users could print off this search list or perhaps save it to the edit buffer.

b)  It would be nice if you could right-click on any field for any SIW record and choose to add a User Comment to that record (perhaps you want to add a reminder to investigate that record further or make a change to that area in your computer, etc.).  The program would have the capability for the user to ask to see a list of all of the Comments that they have added, so they do not have to go looking for all of their comments by themself.  There would be 3 buttons in the search list (for each Comment), to let the user (a) delete the Comment, (b) edit the Comment, or (c ) go to that record in SIW.  Users could print off this Comment list or perhaps save it to the edit buffer.

Thanks for your consideration of these suggestions Gabriel.  I really like your program and find it very useful.   Rolleyes

Glen

(08-21-2017 08:26 AM)Glen Wenzel Wrote:  Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions for possible improvements to the program.

a)  It would be nice if there was a Search function available which would let you run a search through all of the program's various information records to show you any record which had a field which matched your search string (if there are any matching records).  For example, maybe I would like to see all of the SIW records which had a field which contained the string "AHCI" or "PCI" or "memory", etc.  The search would operate on both the SIW program display field names (eg. PageFile Name), and the user's system values that SIW finds in their computer.  The search results would be grouped by category (eg. Software - Operating System or Software - Licenses , etc.), and they would be listed in the same order as the program itself uses, to make it easy to know where they came from.  Users could print off this search list or perhaps save it to the edit buffer.

b)  It would be nice if you could right-click on any field for any SIW record and choose to add a User Comment to that record (perhaps you want to add a reminder to investigate that record further or make a change to that area in your computer, etc.).  The program would have the capability for the user to ask to see a list of all of the Comments that they have added, so they do not have to go looking for all of their comments by themself.  There would be 3 buttons in the search list (for each Comment), to let the user (a) delete the Comment, (b) edit the Comment, or (c ) go to that record in SIW.  Users could print off this Comment list or perhaps save it to the edit buffer.

Thanks for your consideration of these suggestions Gabriel.  I really like your program and find it very useful.   Rolleyes

Glen

That's already on the list of features I would like to implement in the future. Unfortunately, it's not that simple because there are no "SIW records".
The right pane is populated only when you select an item (PCI, for example); that info is discarded when you select a different item.

But you can create a report file (XML, for example) and use a text editor to search, add comments, etc.

try backing up bitlocker recovery key or showing it....Thanks Jim

(11-14-2017 07:54 AM)jccomputer Wrote:  try backing up bitlocker recovery key or showing it....Thanks Jim

bitlocker recovery keys are not stored locally.

I have mine at https://onedrive.live.com/RecoveryKey
[Image: bitlocker.png]

please try this command from a admin command prompt
  manage-bde -protectors c: -get
this will get your keys they are stored locally might be in memory or TPM chip not sure   

(11-20-2017 11:02 AM)jccomputer Wrote:  please try this command from a admin command prompt
  manage-bde -protectors c: -get
this will get your keys they are stored locally might be in memory or TPM chip not sure   

Preliminary support added. Beta build: https//www.gtopala.com/download/beta/siw.7z.exe