Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Conversion of buying price error

Hi, I am in the UK, and just went through part of the process to buy the pro version of SIW, but noted the prices came to over £21 instead of the £18,27 expected.
The price on the bill advice showed £18, but when I got into Paypal over £3 had been added.
Currently $20 converts to UK £15,23, plus 20% vat should be about £18.27p ?

I already have the free SIW 2015 version but for some unknown reason it stopped working properly last year, (I read others had the same problem), so I decided to buy a copy, but being a mean old pensioner who has been living on austerity for 8 years, I would like to know what the extra £3 plus is for Confused 

Great product by the way (when it was working).

(10-29-2017 01:13 PM)Yozzer Wrote:  Hi, I am in the UK, and just went through part of the process to buy the pro version of SIW, but noted the prices came to over £21 instead of the £18,27 expected.
The price on the bill advice showed £18, but when I got into Paypal over £3 had been added.

I already have the free SIW 2015 version but for some unknown reason it stopped working properly last year, (I read others had the same problem), so I decided to buy a copy, but being a mean old pensioner who has been living on austerity for 8 years, I would like to know what the extra £3 plus is for Confused 

I don't sell SIW directly, I'm selling it through FastSpring. I know nothing about exchange rates or UK VAT.
Did you select "Online File Backup Protection" option (£3.11)?

(10-29-2017 01:35 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(10-29-2017 01:13 PM)Yozzer Wrote:  Hi, I am in the UK, and just went through part of the process to buy the pro version of SIW, but noted the prices came to over £21 instead of the £18,27 expected.

I don't sell SIW directly, I'm selling it through FastSpring. I know nothing about exchange rates or UK VAT.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
No, I deselected all extras as I only required the base program. They do seem to be adding something, because I tried paying in dollars but it still worked out dearer. UK VAT is 20%, which is bad enough, but they seem to be adding nearer 40%, which makes it too expensive for me for what I use it for.

Yozzer
(10-29-2017 01:35 PM)gtopala Wrote:  

Hi, thanks for the reply.
No, I deselected all extras as I only required the base program. They do seem to be adding something, because I tried paying in dollars but it still worked out dearer. UK VAT is 20%, which is bad enough, but they seem to be adding nearer 40%, which makes it too expensive for me for what I use it for.

Well it would seem there is no resolution to the problem, which is a shame, as I feel sure there are more like me that do not conclude the purchase because of the disparity in the initial price to the final one.
If it is the company handling your sales who are adding the extra charges, you perhaps should consider changing Idea