Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

personal license
Question 

thinking about buying a personal $50 license. it says it's per name so i have some questions. can i pick the name or is it forced to use payment details one? i don't even want a name anyway, i'd prefer an "identity".

the license is for user, so i assume i can upgrade pc over time and license will not crap out due to hardware changes?

(02-14-2018 04:09 PM)letmesee Wrote:  thinking about buying a personal $50 license. it says it's per name so i have some questions. can i pick the name or is it forced to use payment details one? i don't even want a name anyway, i'd prefer an "identity".

the license is for user, so i assume i can upgrade pc over time and license will not crap out due to hardware changes?

Sorry, there is no such thing as personal license.
SIW Technician's Version must be registered using a real name (Person or Company)
Identities are not supported.

(02-14-2018 05:59 PM)gtopala Wrote:  Sorry, there is no such thing as personal license.

no? what do you call this;

Quote:Licensing Model: Per PC (Hardware Locked)  5   |  Per Person

i'd say, "personal". it's not per pc, it's licensed per person. to me this implies that i buy a key that i can reuse over time on different hardware as my pc -via upgrading- changes. if not, explain exactly what the license entails, because that's what it sounds like to me, especially since for cheaper, there is a hardware locked license and this is not that. i assume for $20 you get a license that expires when you upgrade the pc it's activated on after one too many changes. i would never want such license. for two and a half times that price, you offer a "per person" (not pc) license. to me it sounds like a "normal" license that is for the -one assumes- "life" of the major version of SIW purchased at the time, that is not locked to hardware. if this is not the case, it's why i am here asking.

your answers here and other posts (i read some) are vague and ambiguous. you do this for legal reasons or is it your personality? why wait to be asked anew about this instead of explaining things. are licenses not under personal names? i saw pictures of SIW on your site that shows at the top it's licensed to you. i assume others get their own names placed there too. i assume the name it gets registered to is the payment one. what, if anything, is a license shown registered to as?

what are you doing? not approving? something tickled your bone?