Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changing drive letter requires SIW restart

NOTE: this issue requires having multiple hard drives in your computer

Steps to reproduce issue: 
1: Open SIW, (do NOT close until instructions say to in step 8 below) 
2: Go ot the "Logical Devices" tree node, and view a drive and see the drive letter (in my case, NOT the boot drive)
3: Open "computer management" (in windows 10, right click on my computer from file explorer)
4: Go to "Disk Management" node
5: Change the drive letter of the drive you noted in step 2
6: Verify via File Explorer the drive letter is now changed
7: Back to SIW --- view the drive info again - drive letter is the same -- you can even close and reopen the "hardware" tree node and doesn't change
8: Close and restart SIW
9: Drive letter is now reflected correctly

Expected Results:
Either no need to do anything, or a refresh option available (most likely refresh) to correctly show the updated drive letter

Additional note:
I'm sure this is an extremely low priority issue.  Anyone affected by this is going to be more than capable of intuitively knowing that at this point SIW must be restarted.

(04-25-2019 04:44 PM)Matt Wrote:  NOTE: this issue requires having multiple hard drives in your computer

Steps to reproduce issue: 
1: Open SIW, (do NOT close until instructions say to in step 8 below) 
2: Go ot the "Logical Devices" tree node, and view a drive and see the drive letter (in my case, NOT the boot drive)
3: Open "computer management" (in windows 10, right click on my computer from file explorer)
4: Go to "Disk Management" node
5: Change the drive letter of the drive you noted in step 2
6: Verify via File Explorer the drive letter is now changed
7: Back to SIW --- view the drive info again - drive letter is the same -- you can even close and reopen the "hardware" tree node and doesn't change
8: Close and restart SIW
9: Drive letter is now reflected correctly

Expected Results:
Either no need to do anything, or a refresh option available (most likely refresh) to correctly show the updated drive letter

Additional note:
I'm sure this is an extremely low priority issue.  Anyone affected by this is going to be more than capable of intuitively knowing that at this point SIW must be restarted.

Did you try the Refresh option?