SIW - Software Inventory
- Operating System
- System Directories
- System Files
- Installed Programs
- Regional Settings
- File Associations
- Running Processes
- Loaded DLLs
- NT Services
- Browser Helper Objects
- Scheduled Tasks
- Audio and Video Codecs
- Shared DLLs
- Shell Extensions
- Event Viewer
Server Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 (R2)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 2003 R2
- Windows 2003
Client Operating Systems:
Display Information about Software Updates (Installed and Missing)
Installed ProgramsA list with installed programs. The information is gathered from Windows Installer API and Windows Registry.
You can retrieve Product Keys for Windows, MS Office and over 150 other software products:
- Microsoft Windows1,2,3 (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7/Windows 8)
- Microsoft Office5 (20002,4/XP/2003/2007/2010).
- ACDSee (6/7/8/9)
- Alcohol 52/68/120%
- Adobe Acrobat (6/7/8/9,X,XI)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop 7, CS5.x, CS6.x
- Adobe Framemaker 10
- Adobe Premiere CS5.x, CS6.x
- Adobe Robohelp 9
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.x, CS6.x
- Adobe Lightroom 3.x/4.x
- Cyberlink PowerDVD
- Crystal Reports
- Macromedia Flash/Fireworks/ColdFusion/Dreamweaver/Contribute/FreeHand
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Money (2005/2006/2007)
- Microsoft Operations Manager
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Works
- Norton Partition Magic
- Registy Mechanic
- Roxio Easy Media Creator
- Sonic MyDVD
- TuneUp Utilities
- XmlSpy 2010, 2011
- The Product Key can't be retrieved from the Windows CD! Product keys are not stored on CDs themselves. When you enter your key while installing, it's checked against an algorithm to verify that the key is valid.
- Doesn't work for MAK/KMS Product Keys, or if SLMGR was used to remove the key from the windows registry, or you’re running a pirated version of Windows.
- For those of you using this to retrieve serial numbers from a DELL, be aware that the key will be incorrect. DELL pre-activates all its versions of Windows with an identical serial and places the license key on the outside of your case. This saves them money because it's much more efficient for these large companies to install Windows once and then clone the drive.
- With Office 2000, SIW retrieves the Product ID. You need to call Microsoft for customer service. You give the customer service agent the product ID and he or she will then give you your Office 2000 Product Key.
- SIW cannot retrieve Office Click-To-Run keys (check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun registry key).
- You can use Windows Product Key Update Tool to change your Product Key.
- SIW 2014 shows partial keys for MAK/KMS/Click-To-Run products.
How to recover some Product Keys from a non-booting Windows Installation.
First you will need some things:
- A BartPE Boot CD
- SIW on an USB stick or on the BartPE CD
- Boot the dead system from BartPE CD
- Start SIW
- Select Software --> Remote Licenses --> From Hive
- Load the Hive File (C:\windows\system32\config\system for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7/Windows 8) from the dead Windows directory
- Windows Logon Password for NT, 2000
- Screen Saver Password
- RAS and dial-up Passwords
- Outlook Express
- Wireless (WEP/WPA) SSID/Key5 that have been stored by the Windows Operating System (not 3rd party products)
- Outlook 2000-2013 POP/SMTP passwords.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 3.x-11.x (Password protected site, Autocomplete Passwords), Firefox 3-28, Google Chrome, Opera
- FTP Commander
- MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger and Windows Live Messeger
- Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
- Total Commander
- Passwords are not saved in reports (Don't ask why!).
- SIW can only be used to recover the passwords for the current logged-on user on your local computer.
- SIW only works if you chose the remember your password in one of the above programs.
- You cannot use this utility for grabbing the passwords of other users.
- Notice for Windows XP users: If your network has WPA encryption then the recovered password would be in 64 HEX digits BUT you can use these digits to connect to internet same as a password. This is not a bug. Windows XP can’t convert WPA back the original password. Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 don’t have this issue. WEP passwords in Windows XP are recovered without a problem.
AutorunIt displays a list of all applications that are automatically loaded when Windows boots.
Additional information is provided for each application to allow you to easily identify what is loaded at Windows startup.
Note: The programs started from 'win.ini' and 'system.ini' aren't displayed.