Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang at "Running: Installed Updates"
Hello, SIW Technician is my goto system snapshot program in the field. But I often find it hangs at the Installed updates section 93% - 95% or so. Sometimes, running as Administrator helps, but not always. I have tried running SIW from the desktop as well as my flash-drive with similar results.

Today, the hang occurred on Windows 7 Home 64b, SIW 2015.03.12b. I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL out and run Belarc to get the information I needed.

I just now downloaded and ran 2015 v5.4.1030 W7Pro 64b. After 700 seconds, it crashed while I was typing this message. The message closed before I could capture it.

Please advise. Thanks
(11-18-2015, 05:28 AM)gtopala Wrote: Installed Updates and Missing Updates share the same code.
How long doe is take to check for "Windows Updates" from Control Panel?
Maybe your Firewall blocks SIW.

CP Check for updates completed < 30 secs

Kaspersky IS 16.0.0.614: SIW is Allowed (Other PC was protected by BitDefender, firewall settings unknown)

Just reran SIW on W7Pro system while typing this post, crash with following error:

SiwModel:: PopulateModel Installed Updates didn't finish in 720.054 seconds

Thanks
(11-18-2015, 10:27 AM)JMark Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 05:28 AM)gtopala Wrote: Installed Updates and Missing Updates share the same code.
How long doe is take to check for "Windows Updates" from Control Panel?
Maybe your Firewall blocks SIW.

CP Check for updates completed < 30 secs

Kaspersky IS 16.0.0.614: SIW is Allowed (Other PC was protected by BitDefender, firewall settings unknown)

Just reran SIW on W7Pro system while typing this post, crash with following error:

SiwModel:: PopulateModel Installed Updates didn't finish in 720.054 seconds

Thanks

I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.
(11-19-2015, 08:04 AM)gtopala Wrote: I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.

Not looking to bail on your product; I'm looking to isolate and correct the issue. Perhaps I should test an older build?
(11-19-2015, 03:01 PM)JMark Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 08:04 AM)gtopala Wrote: I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.

Not looking to bail on your product; I'm looking to isolate and correct the issue. Perhaps I should test an older build?
I was able to reproduce the issue on an Acer Aspire One Notebook computer. I will fix it ASAP.