Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hang at "Running: Installed Updates"

Hello, SIW Technician is my goto system snapshot program in the field. But I often find it hangs at the Installed updates section 93% - 95% or so. Sometimes, running as Administrator helps, but not always. I have tried running SIW from the desktop as well as my flash-drive with similar results.

Today, the hang occurred on Windows 7 Home 64b, SIW 2015.03.12b. I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL out and run Belarc to get the information I needed.

I just now downloaded and ran 2015 v5.4.1030 W7Pro 64b. After 700 seconds, it crashed while I was typing this message. The message closed before I could capture it.

Please advise. Thanks

CP Check for updates completed < 30 secs

Kaspersky IS 16.0.0.614: SIW is Allowed (Other PC was protected by BitDefender, firewall settings unknown)

Just reran SIW on W7Pro system while typing this post, crash with following error:

SiwModel:: PopulateModel Installed Updates didn't finish in 720.054 seconds

Thanks

(11-18-2015 10:27 AM)JMark Wrote:  CP Check for updates completed < 30 secs

Kaspersky IS 16.0.0.614: SIW is Allowed (Other PC was protected by BitDefender, firewall settings unknown)

Just reran SIW on W7Pro system while typing this post, crash with following error:

SiwModel:: PopulateModel Installed Updates didn't finish in 720.054 seconds

Thanks

I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.

(11-19-2015 08:04 AM)gtopala Wrote:  I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.

Not looking to bail on your product; I'm looking to isolate and correct the issue. Perhaps I should test an older build?

(11-19-2015 03:01 PM)JMark Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 08:04 AM)gtopala Wrote:  I'm sorry that "Installed Updates" module doesn't work for you. Please tell me your order number and I  will refund your purchase.

Not looking to bail on your product; I'm looking to isolate and correct the issue. Perhaps I should test an older build?
I was able to reproduce the issue on an Acer Aspire One Notebook computer. I will fix it ASAP.