Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is there an older version for Windows 98

My inventory of computers just discovered 3 PC's running Windows 98. I am surprised and a little alarmed how quickly I have forgotten this OS.
Is there an older version of SIW that will run and report on Win98? And I will have to run from a CD or Floppy (remember them).
If not any ideas for alternatives?

(07-08-2013 10:50 AM)DNashver Wrote:  My inventory of computers just discovered 3 PC's running Windows 98. I am surprised and a little alarmed how quickly I have forgotten this OS.
Is there an older version of SIW that will run and report on Win98? And I will have to run from a CD or Floppy (remember them).

I can make a customized version for you, but it will take some time (installing an old operating system, installing an old compiler, etc.).

(07-08-2013 01:01 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 10:50 AM)DNashver Wrote:  My inventory of computers just discovered 3 PC's running Windows 98. I am surprised and a little alarmed how quickly I have forgotten this OS.

I can make a customized version for you, but it will take some time (installing an old operating system, installing an old compiler, etc.).
That would be nice of you but I think your talent could be better used elsewhere, maybe something for MAC ; )
I have been using your SIW constantly over the last 4 years and this is the first 98 machine I have come across. I also just spent more time then I wanted to over the last two days installing 98SE on a PIII notebook; not a pleasant trip down memory lane!
What I will do is just manually browse around those old PC's and take notes.
Thank you for the offer, and your SIW is GREAT!