Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Running SIW with Script to SFTP or Similar

Hi,

I am new to the forum so sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread or this had been answered before, I couldn't find anything exactly on what I was looking for.

I wanted to check which version of SIW was the best to buy for my use case and also check that SIW could do what I was looking for.

My use case:
  1. I would like to run SIW each time a user logs into their computer and 3 hours after they logged in, ideally silently in the background; I can set up a script via task scheduler or similar?
  2. I would like to to collect regular information about hardware (with details on CPU temp etc. if possible), software installed and license key information. 
  3. I would like to generate a file with the report (timestamped if possible in the filename each time the script runs and add it to a local folder on the computer.
  4. Then transfer this file to an SFTP share (or similar -- even SharePoint site) that file.
  5. Most of our users are Windows 10 or 11.

Please let me know any thoughts! Thanks in advance.

(11-06-2023 10:28 AM)ollie266 Wrote:  Hi,

I am new to the forum so sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread or this had been answered before, I couldn't find anything exactly on what I was looking for.

I wanted to check which version of SIW was the best to buy for my use case and also check that SIW could do what I was looking for.

My use case:
  1. I would like to run SIW each time a user logs into their computer and 3 hours after they logged in, ideally silently in the background; I can set up a script via task scheduler or similar?
  2. I would like to to collect regular information about hardware (with details on CPU temp etc. if possible), software installed and license key information. 
  3. I would like to generate a file with the report (timestamped if possible in the filename each time the script runs and add it to a local folder on the computer.
  4. Then transfer this file to an SFTP share (or similar -- even SharePoint site) that file.
  5. Most of our users are Windows 10 or 11.

Please let me know any thoughts! Thanks in advance.

If you can remotely run SIW, Technician's Version; otherwise, SIW Enterprise.
We cannot help with remotely running or scripting.

Great thanks Gabriel!

Quick question what is the difference between the Technician's Version and the SIW Enterprise version?

(11-07-2023 10:38 AM)ollie266 Wrote:  Great thanks Gabriel!

Quick question what is the difference between the Technician's Version and the SIW Enterprise version?
  • Please check the License Agreement.
  • SIW Enterprise Edition includes SIW Technician's Version.

Great thank you, appreciate the help