Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does SIW show incorrect system information?
The reliability and accuracy of DMI information depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard or the computer (when a brand computer).
When vendors do not take the time to fill in the DMI tables properly, all applications reading DMI will indicate the same wrong information.
This is not the fault of SIW.
Please check the following link: PC Pitstop
I had my system read by SIW and it showed that the motherboard was capable of 8 gig of ram when MSI is the oem of the motherboard and clearly states that 2 gig of ram is the maximum..lol

So I emailed SIW...softonic and said that it wasn't their site it was gtopalas site ??

So who's reading it and who's reading it wrong, SIW or GTOPALA

Do you realise the amount of time I've spent trying to find out just what is correct and what isn't and the different forums I've joined to try to find out?

The mobo is a K9VGM-V 7253 made by MSI for a AMD system that I had made 6 years ago.

Any answers ?
(03-18-2013, 07:44 PM)ozz Wrote: I had my system read by SIW and it showed that the motherboard was capable of 8 gig of ram when MSI is the oem of the motherboard and clearly states that 2 gig of ram is the maximum..lol

So I emailed SIW...softonic and said that it wasn't their site it was gtopalas site ??

So who's reading it and who's reading it wrong, SIW or GTOPALA

Do you realise the amount of time I've spent trying to find out just what is correct and what isn't and the different forums I've joined to try to find out?

The mobo is a K9VGM-V 7253 made by MSI for a AMD system that I had made 6 years ago.

Any answers ?

Did you read the previous post in this thread???