Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 7 requires elevation

I have the Technicians version and have used and recommended it for about 4 years. I am currently doing an audit on PCs attached to Lab equipment. When I tried to run SIW from my USB stick on a Windows 7 PC today it asked me for Administrators credentials. But it seemed to want them from an Windows AD. I was told that a while ago someone tried to put this PC into a domain but did not complete the task. The PC was left disconnected from the network. I tried to RUNAS with the one local user account that they login with but that failed with "requires elevation".
As a consultant I don't want to ask for the AD admin info. I also don't want to mess around with user accounts before an audit.
What I need is mostly what application software info. Is there a way I can get SIW to run without elevation? Even if it means disabling a lot of reporting options.

(06-10-2013 11:12 PM)DNashver Wrote:  it asked me for Administrators credentials.

SIW doesn't ask for Administrators credentials. Windows asks.
SIW requires Admin privileges.

(06-11-2013 07:07 AM)gtopala Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 11:12 PM)DNashver Wrote:  it asked me for Administrators credentials.

SIW doesn't ask for Administrators credentials. Windows asks.
SIW requires Admin privileges.

But how can we do this?  I want to use GPO to save you as a verified publisher ...  Can you provide a certificate to import?