Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

create .xml reports on every System in the AD

hi,

first of, not sure if i post this in the right place here, if not im sorry Big Grin

im trying to find a way to create .xml reports of every System in an Active Directory.

so far ive just been messing with executing it via .batch or .ps1, but so far im unable to work around the confirmation/compatabilty-mode-warning.
can anyone help me with that?

right now im just working with a shortcut that automatically executes the reportcreation+naming the file as the systems name. but doing that in networks with 20+ pcs is a bit annoying.
also if i try multiple arguments when executing siw.exe i get bluescreens, is that even possible, if yes how do i have to seperate arguments in the shortcut/script so i dont get bluescreens?

best regards

(04-16-2020, 02:17 AM)michaeln Wrote:  hi,

first of, not sure if i post this in the right place here, if not im sorry Big Grin

im trying to find a way to create .xml reports of every System in an Active Directory.

so far ive just been messing with executing it via .batch or .ps1, but so far im unable to work around the confirmation/compatabilty-mode-warning.

right now im just working with a shortcut that automatically executes the reportcreation+naming the file as the systems name. but doing that in networks with 20+ pcs is a bit annoying.
also if i try multiple arguments when executing siw.exe i get bluescreens, is that even possible, if yes how do i have to seperate arguments in the shortcut/script so i dont get bluescreens?

best regards

Please use the latest version of SIW.
I cannot help you with Active Directory.

(04-16-2020, 11:21 AM)gtopala Wrote:  

best regards

hi, got the latest version now, compatability mode is off now, ill have to see if i get any problems later on
shortcut works with two commands now

basically what i need now is:

how to start siw on the AD-PCs with domain active rights, without siw requesting admin authorisation on every pc (making the whole script useless Big Grin)

script:
$creds = Get-Credential
Import-Module ActiveDirectory
$A = Get-ADComputer -Filter * | Select -Expand Name

for each(i=0; i<=A.length; i++) {
invoke-command -ComputerName $Ai { & powershell.exe cd \\10.19.97.71\data\test}
invoke-command -ComputerName $Ai { & powershell.exe Start-Process siw} -Credential $creds
}

first i input the domain admin
, then create an array containing everypc/srv in the active directory, then try to run commands that execute the shortcut on every system

last part doesnt work yet Big Grin

ideas?

(04-16-2020, 11:21 AM)gtopala Wrote:  

best regards

alright, starting the shortcut with 2 start-commands works fine now, ill update you if i get it to work and maybe even post my script for others as a general thread