Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

/s /h /n parameters decrypting values

I have a batch file that runs SIW with embedded numeric values for the /s /h /n switches and I have forgotten what values I included in each. 

Is there a way to determine what values a number like 1073741825 for the software section includes?  There might be a known method to figure out the individual values; if so, I don't know what it is.  

Otherwise, I can create a sysinfo and go through and find each named section and then it's corresponding value.

Thank you to anyone that has some advice.

(08-18-2023 11:16 PM)bradleyb Wrote:  I have a batch file that runs SIW with embedded numeric values for the /s /h /n switches and I have forgotten what values I included in each. 

Is there a way to determine what values a number like 1073741825 for the software section includes?  There might be a known method to figure out the individual values; if so, I don't know what it is.  

Otherwise, I can create a sysinfo and go through and find each named section and then it's corresponding value.

Thank you to anyone that has some advice.

Please check https://www.gtopala.com/siw/command-line.php

Thank you. I've read that page which is how I ended up coming up with a number like 9663676448 that I wanted for the software section.

But my question was, is there a way to figure out what sections (and their corresponding values) make up that number without going through an actual report and reading each section and matching it to its corresponding value in the list?

Thank you.

(08-19-2023 04:13 PM)bradleyb Wrote:  Thank you. I've read that page which is how I ended up coming up with a number like 9663676448 that I wanted for the software section.

But my question was, is there a way to figure out what sections (and their corresponding values) make up that number without going through an actual report and reading each section and matching it to its corresponding value in the list?

Thank you.

It is easy if you use the hexadecimal numeral system.
9663676448 decimal = 0002 4000 0020 hexadecimal
0002 = Security
4000 = Licenses
0020 = Environment