Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wish-list: work on a remote computer

I have a technician license with lifetime upgrades. I would like to be able to work from my laptop to get information about a remote computer. So there might be some command-line parameters to specify credentials and the remote name, or they might be entered in the graphic interface, or both. I see that there are some systems already available, so maybe Your software might be extended to work with them.
For example, from command line
wmic /node:"<remote name>" bios get serialnumber
I can get some information.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

(07-24-2014 11:58 AM)RodolfoGiovanninetti Wrote:  I have a technician license with lifetime upgrades. I would like to be able to work from my laptop to get information about a remote computer. So there might be some command-line parameters to specify credentials and the remote name, or they might be entered in the graphic interface, or both. I see that there are some systems already available, so maybe Your software might be extended to work with them.
For example, from command line
wmic /node:"<remote name>" bios get serialnumber
I can get some information.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Something like this?
https://www.gtopala.com/forum/Thread-Rem...-gathering

(07-24-2014 03:43 PM)gtopala Wrote:  Something like this?

I saw that message after I had written mine. But, no, it is not what I mean. With that system the process is executed on the remote machine, and the remote user might see some activities on its side. Instead, I would like to be able to get information from a central computer about a remote computer, without anything running on the remote side. Or with the minimum possible running on the remote side, such as system mechanisms that are necessary for these features. So I would like to see a remote query such as the wmic that I mentioned, that I believe relies on mechanisms that are standard in Windows. This is for the IT help-desk, internal or external, that has to collect information.

Thank You very much again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

(07-25-2014 02:08 AM)RodolfoGiovanninetti Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 03:43 PM)gtopala Wrote:  Something like this?

I saw that message after I had written mine. But, no, it is not what I mean. With that system the process is executed on the remote machine, and the remote user might see some activities on its side. Instead, I would like to be able to get information from a central computer about a remote computer, without anything running on the remote side. Or with the minimum possible running on the remote side, such as system mechanisms that are necessary for these features. So I would like to see a remote query such as the wmic that I mentioned, that I believe relies on mechanisms that are standard in Windows. This is for the IT help-desk, internal or external, that has to collect information.

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

wmic executes queries against remote WMI subsystem.
There is no SIW agent running on remote.

(07-25-2014 07:38 AM)gtopala Wrote:  wmic executes queries against remote WMI subsystem.
There is no SIW agent running on remote.

Yes, I understand. What I mean is that You might want to add a new feature, that is query the remote WMI subsystem directly from siw. And also query other remote subsystems that might give information, I do not know how many and which subsystems exist. This might mean that in this way I could not see everything as I do on the local system, but in my opinion it would be an improvement.

Rodolfo Giovanninetti