Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

computer overload with software?

I think SIW 2016 Pro Edition has started slowing down my computer (Home Edition) (Home Edition). Drivers are ok according to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverUpdate\" I'm not sure if the issue starts when I choose a topic and then try printing the result or after selecting the second topic. BTW, I'm using a cloud based employee monitoring, but I do not think it increases the CPU usage so much. I've also produced three debug sessions.
The first session is a simple test with the time stamp in the file names: Start the SIW debug and end it.
The second session is with 'print' in the file names resulting from the test I got when printing a result.
The third session is with System Summary in the file names resulting from selecting a second topic. I had to switch off my Notebook after each freeze. There is still no response, e.g., in the Task Manager.

p.s. most likely the problems were really due to the old version, so I will install a newer one, thanks!

(12-23-2020 12:05 PM)Fredric92 Wrote:      I think SIW 2016 Pro Edition has started slowing down my computer (Home Edition) (Home Edition). Drivers are ok according to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverUpdate\" I'm not sure if the issue starts when I choose a topic and then try printing the result or after selecting the second topic. BTW, I'm using a cloud based employee monitoring , but I do not think it increases the CPU usage so much. I've also produced three debug sessions.
The first session is a simple test with the time stamp in the file names: Start the SIW debug and end it.
The second session is with 'print' in the file names resulting from the test I got when printing a result.
The third session is with System Summary in the file names resulting from selecting a second topic. I had to switch off my Notebook after each freeze. There is still no response, e.g., in the Task Manager.

SIW 2016 is pretty old.
https://www.gtopala.com/forum/Thread-Wha...lue-screen