Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Installation Date

I use SIW to get the age of the computer (Installation date). This doesn't seem to be accurate any longer because of the Windows updates, new versions. Is there any way to get this information as to when the machine was first implemented?

Thanks
Bob Wiggins

(12-09-2019 10:03 AM)robert wiggins Wrote:  I use SIW to get the age of the computer (Installation date). This doesn't seem to be accurate any longer because of the Windows updates, new versions. Is there any way to get this information as to when the machine was first implemented?

Thanks
Bob Wiggins

If you do a full install, the old information is deleted; otherwise, SIW shows the correct installation date.
Windows 2019:
[Image: install-history.png]

Windows 10:
[Image: install-history1.png]

Just to be clear what is a full install? I have a machine that shows no dat older than 2018 in the installation dat in SIW and yet in control panel there is software that shows it was installed as far back as 2016. So everytime I get a new version update I will lose the previous dates?

(12-09-2019 04:18 PM)robert wiggins Wrote:  Just to be clear what is a full install? I have a machine that shows no dat older than 2018 in the installation dat in SIW and yet in control panel there is software that shows it was installed as far back as 2016. So everytime I get a new version update I will lose the previous dates?
"Full install" is not a Windows Update.
One of the previous images shows history from 2014.
YMMV; I did all my updates via Windows Update; I'm not using any Windows Registry Cleaner program.

I had asked you same question about 6 months or a year ago and you told me to get the latest version which I did. When I ran that it did give me the readout's like you show in you origanial response today. However lately when I review the reports I create they all seem to only show the current year history and nothing else. I downloaded the current version today and ran it from my computer and got the same result, Only info for the current year. I'm I doing something wrong or is there some way to get the correct date of the original install?

Thanks
Bob Wiggins

(12-09-2019 07:44 PM)robert wiggins Wrote:  I had asked you same question about 6 months or a year ago and you told me to get the latest version which I did. When I ran that it did give me the readout's like you show in you origanial response today. However lately when I review the reports I create they all seem to only show the current year history and nothing else. I downloaded the current version today and ran it from my computer and got the same result, Only info for the current year. I'm I doing something wrong or is there some way to get the correct date of the original install?

Thanks
Bob Wiggins

Do you have the history before 2018 (Windows Registry - Source OS keys)?

[Image: install-history2.png]