Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cut & Paste & Windows License

Really like your program.  I use it quite a bit.  I bought a Tech License for it even.

The one thing that I can think of that could really make this even more useful would be cut & paste functionality in the program.

What I mean by that is when I find an items (MB, etc.) info, it would be handy if I could just cut & paste the info from SIW to put it into a search of the device on the web to look it up without having to retype it (mistakes happen more often that I like to admit :Smile.

Also, is there a way to get the actual Windows license under licenses?

Thanks

(11-09-2018 02:41 AM)MadMopar Wrote:  Really like your program.  I use it quite a bit.  I bought a Tech License for it even.

The one thing that I can think of that could really make this even more useful would be cut & paste functionality in the program.

What I mean by that is when I find an items (MB, etc.) info, it would be handy if I could just cut & paste the info from SIW to put it into a search of the device on the web to look it up without having to retype it (mistakes happen more often that I like to admit :Smile.

Thanks

What do you mean by "cut & paste functionality"?
Select Motherboard item (from the left tree or from Hardware menu), go to the left pane, right-click, select Copy, and paste in a text file.
[Image: right-click-menu.png]

Regarding Windows license, please read Notes 1, 2, and 3 from https://www.gtopala.com/siw/software.php#licenses

(11-09-2018 08:14 AM)gtopala Wrote:  
(11-09-2018 02:41 AM)MadMopar Wrote:  Really like your program.  I use it quite a bit.  I bought a Tech License for it even.

Thanks

Select Motherboard item (from the left tree or from Hardware menu), go to the left pane, right-click, select Copy, and paste in a text file.

Regarding Windows license, please read Notes 1, 2, and 3 from https://www.gtopala.com/siw/software.php#licenses

I didn't realize that you could cut n paste like that because I couldn't highlight the items I was trying to get.

It is a round about way to get the info, but at least I see that there is a way.

I have several systems and I am building a spreadsheet of all the pertinent info on the hardware and licenses.

I'll use the mb as an example.

I want to get the brand, model and serial numbers into the spreadsheet.  Instead of cutting and pasting the whole section into a text doc and then cutting and pasting the specific items from there into the spreadsheet.  Same with the CPU, HDs, ROMs, etc.

Is there a way to just cut and paste these specific items only, like just the serial number, etc?

Thanks

(11-09-2018 07:47 PM)MadMopar Wrote:  
(11-09-2018 08:14 AM)gtopala Wrote:  

Thanks

I didn't realize that you could cut n paste like that because I couldn't highlight the items I was trying to get.

It is a round about way to get the info, but at least I see that there is a way.

I have several systems and I am building a spreadsheet of all the pertinent info on the hardware and licenses.

I'll use the mb as an example.

I want to get the brand, model and serial numbers into the spreadsheet.  Instead of cutting and pasting the whole section into a text doc and then cutting and pasting the specific items from there into the spreadsheet.  Same with the CPU, HDs, ROMs, etc.

Is there a way to just cut and paste these specific items only, like just the serial number, etc?

Thanks

The current version doesn't allow it.