Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SIW (Tech Edition) Hangs Machine

(01-11-2021 05:49 PM)gtopala Wrote:  
(01-11-2021 04:53 PM)wbwhaley68 Wrote:  
(01-11-2021 02:40 PM)gtopala Wrote:  Please try step #3 from https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html#faq

After setting the flags in the cpuz.ini file listed to 0, the hang still happens. I still have not had the chance yet to do the same for all of the settings in your INI file yet, but after seeing what CPU-Z is doing, I am wondering if that still needs to be done. 

Wasn't sure if it was related to the new AMD 5950X possibly. Haven't seen issues with other programs on my machine, "yet".  Confused

Please try (from command prompt) siw64.exe /nosdk

Running it from a command prompt with the /nosdk switch allowed it to run with no issues.

I have the same problem, as soon as I start SIW Home the computer freezes.

Gigabyte x570 AORUS ELITE (AM4) with Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor

Because of this post I tried siw64.exe /nodsk, unfortunately SWI84 does not know this option.

(02-09-2021 05:02 PM)Renato Wrote:  I have the same problem, as soon as I start SIW Home the computer freezes.

Gigabyte x570 AORUS ELITE (AM4) with Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor

Because of this post I tried siw64.exe /nodsk, unfortunately SWI84 does not know this option.
  • "/nodsk" doesn't work, but "siw64 /nosdk" works.
  • Please use the latest version of SIW.

I installed the latest version 2021, corrected the mistype and best thanks it works.

Well, I switched to Windows 11 and SIW hangs the PC again.
Installed the latest SIW version, PC hangs too.
Tried to use "siw64.exe /nosdk", SIW works fine.

GTOPALA,

I too had this problem but with the SIW Home Edition.  New PC (forgot I had this uninstalled for almost a year until my credit card got charged lol, decided to give this another go)

*Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
*AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
*32Gigs RAM
*NVidia GeForce 3080
*Windows 10 Pro x64

*SIW Home 2021 64bit v11.7.1116

After a fresh download, install.  Double clicked the shortcut on my desktop it launched but the mouse started to move very slowly and until halt. Computer completely froze. I tried ALT F4, Control Alt Delete, and even attempted to move my mouse to the bottom in hope I could activate task bar but nothing worked. Waited 2-4minutes until finally i hit the reset switch on my Tower

I downloaded the SIW.ini file from Reply #2 and pasted it into the folder and then launched.  The application is working flawlessly (for now) lol.  App has been running for about 5+ minutes and as i'm typing and I've clicked into various categories to see if it would hang and hasnt.

For now, and for me, I'm calling your troubleshooting step (Reply #2) a success. Thank you.