Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 10 Build 10061

SIW technician hangs on my Win 10 (build 10061).

(04-24-2015 04:18 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  SIW technician hangs on my Win 10 (build 10061).

Please follow instructions from https://www.gtopala.com/forum/Thread-Wha...lue-screen

The problem seems to occur when CheckVM = 1, and also when ConfigServerSafe = 1. SIW hangs, but so does Windows 10. I am using V5.1.0312b. The requested files are attached.

Update to my last post. the "UseProcessor = 1" is also causing problems.

Hi Gabriel,

More information for debugging. In my initial tests I turned on each parameter (set to 1) and left the parameter on if it didn't cause any problems. In this way I determined there were problems with CheckVM, UseProcessor and ConfigServerSafe.

However, with each of the above three parameters, if I turn them on individually with all other parameters turned off, there is no problem.

Cheers

(04-25-2015 12:17 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  The problem seems to occur when CheckVM = 1, and also when ConfigServerSafe = 1. SIW hangs, but so does Windows 10. I am using V5.1.0312b. The requested files are attached.

Update to my last post. the "UseProcessor = 1" is also causing problems.

Hi Gabriel,

More information for debugging. In my initial tests I turned on each parameter (set to 1) and left the parameter on if it didn't cause any problems. In this way I determined there were problems with CheckVM, UseProcessor and ConfigServerSafe.

However, with each of the above three parameters, if I turn them on individually with all other parameters turned off, there is no problem.

Cheers
I will investigate.

Hi Gabriel,

my apologies for this confusion, I have been distracted by grand-children.

After further tests there seems to be inconsistency as to when the problem occurs. With UseProcessor and UseACPI both on (and the rest off), there will be a hang most of the time, but not every time. Different combinations of settings seem to have an affect.

My test involves starting the program and clicking the first ten items in the Hardware section. Failure, when it occurs, is generally after the third or fourth item; at this point, the program is stalled and After a few clicks in Windows, Windows also stalls; I have to manually kill the power and reboot.