Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 8 64bit and SIW 32bit compatibliy

When trying to use SIW on my new ASUS ET2700I computer and create a report and then hangs and get the following message:

SIW driver not loaded continue to wait?[u]

Whatever I do SIW becomes unstable and only way to try it again is to do a reboot.

I am using a Windows 8 64 bit OS and have a SIW 32 bit software (not sure if there is a 64 bit software), but I have used SIW for a number of years now and this is the first time I have had this problem, never had this on XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit OS).

(12-05-2012 05:41 PM)LSharratt47 Wrote:  When trying to use SIW on my new ASUS ET2700I computer and create a report and then hangs and get the following message:

SIW driver not loaded continue to wait?[u]

Whatever I do SIW becomes unstable and only way to try it again is to do a reboot.

I am using a Windows 8 64 bit OS and have a SIW 32 bit software (not sure if there is a 64 bit software), but I have used SIW for a number of years now and this is the first time I have had this problem, never had this on XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit OS).

SIW (which version?) doesn't work on your new machine because it is unable to load a low-level driver used to access hardware.
Please follow these instructions.