Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New install - all kinds of problems, hangs, etc

Machine: Win8.1, 32 bit, from a clean install, all updates, purchased Pro today, installed today, initial install not as admin, problems, uninstalled and reinstalled as admin, same issues.
All I did was to select 'Motherboard' [simple right, ought to be easy]. Popup'Please wait', spinning endlessly, started Task Manager, System Info 'Not Responding'. Ended up killing the task in TM. During the initial install [not admin install] I selected 'System Summary'. Expected something along the lines of Belarc. Popup 'Please Wait' and spinning endlessly (15 minutes), same indication from Task Manager. This isn't what I expected from a $20 application. Dodgy
Not sure what to do, running 2016.02.02. I sure liked the looks of all the detail available, but this isn't good.

(04-07-2016 10:59 PM)desertdad Wrote:  Machine: Win8.1, 32 bit, from a clean install, all updates, purchased Pro today, installed today, initial install not as admin, problems, uninstalled and reinstalled as admin, same issues.
All I did was to select 'Motherboard' [simple right, ought to be easy]. Popup'Please wait', spinning endlessly, started Task Manager, System Info 'Not Responding'. Ended up killing the task in TM. During the initial install [not admin install] I selected 'System Summary'. Expected something along the lines of Belarc. Popup 'Please Wait' and spinning endlessly (15 minutes), same indication from Task Manager. This isn't what I expected from a $20 application. Dodgy
Not sure what to do, running 2016.02.02. I sure liked the looks of all the detail available, but this isn't good.

Please follow instructions from https://www.gtopala.com/forum/Thread-Wha...lue-screen
My guess is that your antivirus doesn't allow SIW to load the low-level driver required to access hardware.

Gabriel, After I opened the new thread I tried selecting 'Network Adapters' and got the 'wait'popup. The underlying message was 'Encountered an improper argument'. Killed SIW using TM and restarted. I tried selecting 'Applications' and got the 'wait' popup and spinning. I got the underlying message 'Checking the windows registry'. Killed SIW using TM and restarted. My AV is Norton Security with all updates. NS is on literally thousands of machines. I looked at your recommended list of problem data gathering and feedback. I think I'll just uninstall SIW and stick to things like Belarc, Windows own tools and manufacturers specialized utilities. I'll consider my purchase of SIW and time spent on trying to make it work an interesting exercise but not worth spending even more time on it. Sad