Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Password Export

I know that posting this will probably trigger some sort of immune response but I couldn't find a particular reason why SIW Technician doesn't allow password export. SIW is the most comprehensive utility I have found so far to extract usefull information from a PC (licenses, installed programs, stats, passwords), but the inability to export passwords is mildly inconvenient. Right now I am just taking photos of them with my cellphone and emailing them to myself, so if this is some sort of security thing then it's nonsensical. I'm thinking that possibly if an export option was provided then it would tip SIW over into a malware category or something?

TL;DR - Can anyone confirm why password export isn't an option?

(08-15-2016 06:04 PM)BenEvolent Wrote:  I know that posting this will probably trigger some sort of immune response but I couldn't find a particular reason why SIW Technician doesn't allow password export. SIW is the most comprehensive utility I have found so far to extract usefull information from a PC (licenses, installed programs, stats, passwords), but the inability to export passwords is mildly inconvenient. Right now I am just taking photos of them with my cellphone and emailing them to myself, so if this is some sort of security thing then it's nonsensical. I'm thinking that possibly if an export option was provided then it would tip SIW over into a malware category or something?

TL;DR - Can anyone confirm why password export isn't an option?

Note #1 from https://www.gtopala.com/siw/software.php#passwords